How to Make a Green Smoothie
Blending up a green smoothie for breakfast every morning is a great way to start your day. There are oh-so-many reasons to add greens to your smoothies, from boosting nutrition to fighting hunger and lowering blood pressure. But do you know how to make the perfect green smoothie?
The ingredients you add are critical, since they add the essential nutrition and fruit and veggie servings you need to feel healthy. But it’s also important to use a proper blender, as it’s easy to end up with a thick, lumpy, completely unappetizing smoothie.
The Blendtec is the ultimate tool for making a perfect green smoothie. The four corners of the Blendtec jar act as contact points, enabling food to bounce from the edges of the jar to the center during blending. The blunt blade spins over 300 miles per hour to completely break down frozen fruit, ice, kale, and anything else you might want in your smoothie.
In this video, learn how to make a simple green smoothie with your Blendtec using a 1:1:1 ratio of greens, fruits, and liquids. And remember: Don’t be afraid to experiment with combinations and ingredients to make it your own.
How to Make a Green Smoothie in 5 Simple Steps
- Step 1: Add your liquid.
- Step 2: Add your greens.
- Step 3: Add your frozen fruit.
- Step 4: Add the top to your Blendtec and press “Smoothie” or “Whole Juice.”
Step 5: Pour your smoothie and enjoy.
Tip: Be sure to add ingredients to your Blendtec in this order:
- Liquid (almond milk, water, juice, coconut water, etc.)
- Leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- Fruits and vegetables (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc.)
- Boosters (protein powder, chia seeds, nuts, cinnamon, etc.)
- Ice (you can skip this if you’re using frozen fruit)
Now that you know how to make a green smoothie, why not give our recipe a try?
BASIC GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2 cups cold liquid
- 2 cups leafy greens*, packed
- 2 cups fresh and frozen fruit
- Add liquid, greens and fruit to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Select "Whole Juice" cycle or blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 50-60 seconds.
Tip:If you’re new to green smoothies, try romaine lettuce or spinach, which have mild flavors. As you adjust to the taste of green smoothies, try Swiss chard, collard greens, kale, and even dandelion greens.
- Milk of choice (almond, cashew, coconut, cow’s, etc.)
- Juice (orange, apple, etc.)
- Coconut water
Fruit Combination Ideas:
- Banana, frozen mango & frozen strawberries
- Frozen peaches & frozen mixed berries
- Banana, frozen pineapple & frozen blueberries
Tip: If your green smoothies aren’t sweet enough for your taste buds, try adding a sweetener:
- Maple Syrup
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Protein powder
- Blendfresh whole-food powders
Blendtec Fan Favorites:
Find more green smoothie recipes here.