Why Green Smoothies?
- They're fast. Green smoothies are the ultimate fast food. In less than 2 minutes, you can blend up a green smoothie that contains all the fruits and vegetables you need for the day.
- They're easy. Preparing a green smoothie is as easy as adding fruits and vegetables to your blender and pressing a button.
- They're delicious. While the thought of drinking spinach and avocado might make you cringe, believe it or not, green smoothies are a delicious treat. When combined with fruits and juice, you'll be amazed at how much they taste like any other great-tasting fruit smoothie.
Health Benefits of Green SmoothiesThe health benefits of green smoothies are virtually unending, but here are some of the most compelling reasons to start incorporating them into your diet:
- Boost your nutrition intake. Green smoothies provide large servings of leafy greens, including spinach, kale, chard, and lettuces. These are some of the most nutritionally dense foods you can consume. Adding 2 cups of leafy greens to your smoothies adds just 20 calories and a host of vitamins and minerals.
- Defend against cancer. Not too many things can make this claim, but the chlorophyll in leafy greens have been shown to help prevent a wide range of cancers.
- Stay fuller longer. Green smoothies are a great source of fiber, which keeps you feeling full for longer periods of time.
- Assist in weight loss. Approximately 45 million Americans diet each year in an attempt to lose weight. Green smoothies can help you lose extra pounds and maintain a healthy weight.