Dinner · Meal Ideas · Soups · Warm Soups · 69 comments ·
Tortilla Soup Recipe
This soup is great for a quick, flavorful supper.
Total time: 01 M 35 S
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 large carrot
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. no-salt herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp. onion
- 1 chunk pepper jack cheese
- 1 slice red pepper approximately 1/3 cup
- 2 Roma tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips
- 2 cups warm water
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Add all ingredients but tortilla chips to FourSide or WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid.
- Select "Soup" or "Hot" or "90" cycle (might want to run cycle twice for desired heat) or blend on a high speed for 90-180 seconds.
- Add tortilla chips, secure lid, and press "Pulse" 2–3 times.
For more texture, when adding tortilla chips to jar, include ingredients such as ½ cup black beans, corn kernels, cheese, chicken, and fresh tomatoes. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2–3 times or until desired texture is reached.
warm it up in the microwave if you prefer your soups warmer. Or you can blend it again a few times. I just warm it up in the microwave.
made this soup a couple of times, love it!
Me too, it’s not at all hot. I wouldn’t even say it was warm and I did use warm water. None of my soups are hot.
Very good but next time I will make it with chicken broth and maybe a little milk to bring the liquid component up to 2 cups. Made with water it tasted a little, well, watery. I did add in the corn, black beans and tortilla chips.
Made it again and replaced the water with one can of chicken broth (~1.25 cups) made up the rest with 1% milk and what a difference. Yummmmmmmmm. It was not low sodium broth so I omitted the salt.
Leave a comment