Dinner · Meal Ideas · Soups · Warm Soups · 69 comments ·
Tortilla Soup Recipe
This soup is great for a quick, flavorful supper.
Total time: 01 M 35 S
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 large carrot
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. no-salt herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp. onion
- 1 chunk pepper jack cheese
- 1 slice red pepper approximately 1/3 cup
- 2 Roma tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips
- 2 cups warm water
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Add all ingredients but tortilla chips to FourSide or WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid.
- Select "Soup" or "Hot" or "90" cycle (might want to run cycle twice for desired heat) or blend on a high speed for 90-180 seconds.
- Add tortilla chips, secure lid, and press "Pulse" 2–3 times.
For more texture, when adding tortilla chips to jar, include ingredients such as ½ cup black beans, corn kernels, cheese, chicken, and fresh tomatoes. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2–3 times or until desired texture is reached.
Made it today forgot the cheese it was great any way.
I watched the vitamix demo at Costco
. it’s soup cyclist is six minutes. Blendtek only three. So it seems even with hot water you need two cycler.
That didn’t work for me, I ran it through three times.
Best and easiest recipe, very tasty. Sometimes I add corn and black beans. You can also get a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s or Costco and shred some up and throw into your bowl and you have a hearty meal.
Leave a comment