Basic Green Smoothie
Total time: 01 M 10 S
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 cups leafy greens*, packed
- 3 cups fresh and frozen fruit**
*If you're a green smoothie beginner, try romaine lettuce and spinach because they have a mild taste. As you adjust to the taste of green smoothies, try Swiss chard, collard greens, kale, and even dandelion greens.
**One of our favorites is 1 banana, 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks or frozen peach slices, and 1 cup frozen mixed berries or frozen blueberries.
- Serving Size: 8 fl. oz.
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 28mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 1g
- Add water and leafy greens to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Press "Pulse" 4–6 times to chop greens.
- Add fruit and secure lid. Select "Whole Juice" or blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 50-60 seconds.
The ratio in this recipe is 1 vegetable to 1 fruit, which may be too sweet for some people and not sweet enough for others. If it’s not sweet enough, try adding more fruit or a little noncaloric sweetener (such as stevia).