Getting the Most from Blendtec's Customer Service
Blendtec's customer service experts are here to help you with warranties and any questions you may have. You can reach us Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. MST by calling 1-800-748-5400. When you call, please have your machine with you so we can troubleshoot together. Also please be ready to tell us the following:
- Blender serial number
- Place of purchase
- Date of purchase
- Name of the jar you're using (WildSide+, FourSide, or Twister)
- 4- or 5-digit number on the jar's bottom
- If your blender is abnormally loud: Run a blend cycle without the jar on the blender.
- If the noise diminishes, the jar needs to be replaced.
- If your blender has a burning smell: Run a blend cycle without the jar on the blender.
- If the burning smell continues, please call customer service to complete more troubleshooting.
- If the burning smell stops, the jar needs to be replaced.
- If your blender is smoking: Run a blend cycle without the jar on the blender.
- If the blender continues to smoke, please call customer service to complete more troubleshooting.
- If the blender stops smoking, the jar needs to be replaced.
- If your blender’s LCD shows the message Over-temp: Unplug the machine and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Spin the shaft at the bottom of the jar before you put the jar on the blender. This step will help break any sugar built up on the seal.
- If you are going to store the jars for a while, put some food-grade oil around the seals. (The seals are self-lubricating, so when you use the jars regularly you do not need to add oil.)
- If you have more than one jar, alternate their use to keep the seals lubricated.
i apologize that has happened, please give us a call and we are more than happy to help with a replacement.
If you are getting cavitation in your jar, i would suggest using more liquid. If you are making a thick blend that is normal to happen with the Wildside jar. You can always call customer care and they can troubleshoot with you to make sure you’re blender is okay.
Please give our customer care team a call and we can troubleshoot with you to give you a solution.
Hi, I notice smoke coming out of my blendtec. How do I get it from fixed?
I get really upset every time I use my blendtech because an air bubble prevents me from blending anything, I can’t make a smoothie in less than 10 minutes because I’m constantly turning it off to remove the air bubble. Is there a way to see if something is wrong with mine? It seems like my mom has the same probelm with hers.
Leave a comment