Soy Milk Recipe
Total time: 01 M 30 S
- 3/4 cup dry soybeans soaked overnight and rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Serving Size:
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Take soaked soybeans and remove soybean hulls by kneading the soybeans in soaking water. Flush the loose hulls off in running water.
- Heat the soybeans for a couple of minutes by microwaving or steaming to reduce enzyme activity and reduce the bean flavor.
- Add soybeans and water to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Soups" or blend on a High speed for 90 seconds.
- Strain mixture through cheesecloth and fine mesh sieve over large pot.
- Bring soy milk to boil and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add desired flavorings such as honey, maple syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Notes: Keep the okara (also called soy pulp) which is packed with protein and filled with fiber, for your next batch of breakfast muffins, okara chocolate cake, or okara seitan.
Nutritional information is not given, but most unsweetened commercial varieties of soy milk contain 80 calories and 4 g. fat per cup serving.