A tasty way to use produce of the season and get a hearty meal at the same time.
Total time: 01 M 30 S
- 6 medium carrots peeled, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 apple peeled, quartered, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 900mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 1g
- Preheat oven to 425ᵒF.
- Place carrot, onion and apple pieces in a 9x13-inch dish and drizzle olive oil over produce.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Add all ingredients to jar and secure lid.
- Select "Soups" or blend on High for 90-180 seconds. Serve.
For a soup with some heat, add ¼ tsp ground ginger.