Roasted Carrot-Apple Soup
A tasty way to use produce of the season and get a hearty meal at the same time.
Total time: 01 M 30 S
- 6 medium carrots peeled, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 apple peeled, quartered, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 900mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 1g
- Preheat oven to 425ᵒF.
- Place carrot, onion and apple pieces in a 9x13-inch dish and drizzle olive oil over produce.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Add all ingredients to jar and secure lid.
- Select "Soups" or blend on High for 90-180 seconds. Serve.
For a soup with some heat, add ¼ tsp ground ginger.
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE