Roasted Carrot-Apple Soup
A tasty way to use produce of the season and get a hearty meal at the same time.
Total time: 01 M 30 S
- 6 medium carrots peeled, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 apple peeled, quartered, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 900mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 1g
- Preheat oven to 425ᵒF.
- Place carrot, onion and apple pieces in a 9x13-inch dish and drizzle olive oil over produce.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Add all ingredients to jar and secure lid.
- Select "Soups" or blend on High for 90-180 seconds. Serve.
For a soup with some heat, add ¼ tsp ground ginger.
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE
If you are living an active lifestyle, it can be hard to keep the refrigerator stocked with enough healthy ingredient...VIEW RECIPE