Beverages · Sweet Sips · Vegan · 20 comments ·
Enjoy this Horchata recipe, a refreshing traditional Mexican drink on Cinco de Mayo, or any other day of the year!
Total time: 01 M 15 S
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 cup almonds soaked in 2 cups hot water for 3 hours and then drained
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cooked rice rinsed after cooking
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Serving Size: 7 fl. oz.
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 17mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 4g
- Add almonds, rice, and water to WildSide+ or FourSide jar and secure lid.
- Select "Whole Juice" or blend on a Medium High speed for 50-60 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a Medium High speed for 50 seconds.
- Serve as is, or pour mixture through cheesecloth for a thinner beverage.
For an adult version, add 1 ounce of rum to each serving.
What do you mean cooked rice?
Surprised at how good this was.. The traditional way takes a little too long (gotta let the rice soak in water overnight). This recipe is a keeper :-)
For better richer taste & results you should let the almond/rice/water mixture set in the fridge covered for at least 8hrs. Other than that this is a good basic quick Horchata recipe.
Can you replace agave nectar for Sugar?
You need to actually cook the rice in boiling water. It won’t work right out of the bag.
Leave a comment