Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein and deliciousness you need to start your day right. We'd like to thank whoever was the first person to realize that chocolate and peanut butter go together even better than bacon and eggs.
Your Ingredient Options
Some chocolate peanut butter smoothie recipes include all sorts of expensive ingredients and flavored protein powders. If you're more of a "less is more" person, here are a few ingredients we recommend switching around to meet your personal taste buds and health goals:
- Liquid. Don't get stuck thinking that 2% milk is your only option for making a delicious chocolate peanut butter smoothie. There are plenty of fat-free, non-dairy milk options, and many people even love adding coffee as the main liquid ingredient for their morning caffeine boost. Try mixing it up with sweetened or unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk until you find your favorite.
- Powder. If you simply must have a protein powder in your smoothie, it doesn't have to be chocolate flavored. You could experiment with a vanilla protein powder and cocoa powder for a similar chocolate peanut butter flavor. Also check out our Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake recipe.
- Fruit. While we think a banana is the best fruit to round out a perfect chocolate peanut butter smoothie, we won't be offended if you swap it out for something crazy like pineapple chunks or blueberries. It's your life. You do you.
That said, here is our favorite version of the ever-popular chocolate peanut butter smoothie, ideal for your breakfast fuel or satisfying that afternoon chocolate craving. Let us know how yours turns out!
Works best with:
Total time: 30 S
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Serving Size: 16 fl. oz.
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 40g
- Protein: 12g
- Add ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid.
- Select "Sauces" or blend on a Medium Low speed for 30 seconds.