Black Bean Veggie Burger
This recipe is a delicious meatless mainstay, and the cayenne gives a little spice. Try topping your burger with fresh salsa and avocado.
Total time: 40 S
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/16 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/3 cup. cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1/16 tsp. hickory or mesquite all-natural liquid smoke optional
- 3/4 cup black or pinto canned beans rinsed
- 1/8 tsp. ground paprika
- Serving Size: 1 patty
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Sauté vegetables in oil and seasonings until softened and set aside.
- Add oats and flaxseed to Twister Jar and place Twister lid on jar. Hold Twister lid and blend on a low speed for 10-12 seconds; turn Twister lid counter-clockwise during blending.
- Add water, beans and rice to jar and place Twister lid on jar. Hold Twister lid and with other hand press "Pulse" 6-8 times (while turning Twister lid counter-clockwise).
- Add sautéed vegetables to Twister Jar and place lid on jar. Hold Twister lid and with other hand press "Pulse" 6-10 times until desired consistency is reached (remember to turn Twister lid counter-clockwise during blending).
- Form a patty with blended mixture. Heat a greased pan over medium to medium high heat and cook both sides of the patty until heated through.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
This refreshing caramel frappe recipe is a popular dessert and afternoon pick-me-up. It's a sweet treat that can be a...VIEW RECIPE
Contrary to popular belief, guacamole isn't the only way to eat avocados. Avocado soup makes a delicious, healthy app...VIEW RECIPE