Banana Bread French Toast
If you're a fan of banana bread, then you'll love this heavenly recipe. To up the wow factor even more, top this French toast with Apple Cinnamon Syrup.
Total time: 1 H 01 M 40 S
- 2 ripe bananas approximately 1 c mashed
- 8 eggs divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract divided
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated or turbinado sugar
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 6g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add bananas, yogurt, sugar, oil, 6 eggs, and ½ teaspoon vanilla to WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and select “Batter.”
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 3–5 times or until dry ingredients are incorporated; do not overblend.
- Pour batter into greased 9-x-5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 50–60 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then slice into 12 pieces.
- Add 2 eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon to clean WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Speed Up" to Speed 1, and run for 5 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into pie plate.
- Grease griddle or other pan, and heat over medium- to medium-high heat.
- Dip one slice of banana bread into egg mixture, and flip slice so both sides are coated.
- Place slice on heated griddle, and cook approximately 3 minutes or until underside is golden brown.
- Flip and cook approximately 1 minute. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in oven at 200°F, loosely wrapped in foil.
If you're trying to live a healthy lifestyle and drink green smoothies, it's always best to make your own at home. Sm...VIEW RECIPE
Green beans can be a great first-stage solid food for babies. The tasty green vegetable is packed full of vitamins A ...VIEW RECIPE