Banana · Breads and Batters · breakfast · Meal Ideas · 17 comments ·
Banana Bread French Toast
If you're a fan of banana bread, then you'll love this heavenly recipe. To up the wow factor even more, top this French toast with Apple Cinnamon Syrup.
Total time: 1 H 01 M 40 S
- 2 ripe bananas approximately 1 c mashed
- 8 eggs divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract divided
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated or turbinado sugar
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 6g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add bananas, yogurt, sugar, oil, 6 eggs, and ½ teaspoon vanilla to WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and select “Batter.”
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 3–5 times or until dry ingredients are incorporated; do not overblend.
- Pour batter into greased 9-x-5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 50–60 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then slice into 12 pieces.
- Add 2 eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon to clean WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Speed Up" to Speed 1, and run for 5 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into pie plate.
- Grease griddle or other pan, and heat over medium- to medium-high heat.
- Dip one slice of banana bread into egg mixture, and flip slice so both sides are coated.
- Place slice on heated griddle, and cook approximately 3 minutes or until underside is golden brown.
- Flip and cook approximately 1 minute. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in oven at 200°F, loosely wrapped in foil.
It sounds wonderful but you did not include the recipe for the apple cinnamon syrup.
Making the banana bread was fun and it tasted delicious. Using the blender for making the egg mixture is completely pointless as you can just hand mix it. Also, if you want to add a bit more flavor to the "french toast" part I’d suggest looking up other egg mixtures. Usually though these will be a bit more unhealthy as they’ll use whole milk or heavy whipping cream.
In the first step after preheating the oven (Add first four ingredients…. the coconut oil is the fourth ingredient).
Blend on Medium Low (speed 3 or 4) for 30 seconds. For future reference, you can find this and other blend cycle conversions here: http://www.blendtec.com/blo…
My blendtec does not have batter as option in presets. What do I press to get that setting.?
Leave a comment