Who's my hero? That's a great question... Well, I think my dad is my hero, because he's someone I look up to every day. -Tom Brady
There are many titles for fathers in each language. Some in English include dad, daddy, papa, or pop. While these titles may be the most commonly used, one of the most fitting ways to describe your dad or father figure just might be “superhero.”
Superheroes are those who have the capacity to go above and beyond to accomplish anything for the people they love and care about. Sounds just like Dad, right? From helping you with late night science fair projects after a long day of work, to throwing a ball in the backyard, walking you down the aisle and one day being the best grandfather in the world, dads seem to be able to do everything.
Give Dad a break this Father’s Day and make him breakfast in bed. Get the kids involved and follow the three recipes below to whip up the perfect treat for dad.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp. granulated sugar divided
- 10 fl. oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 6 strawberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add cream and 4 tablespoons sugar to clean FourSide or WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and blend on "Speed 1" for 30 seconds or until cream solidifies.
- Add berries and secure lid. Blend on "Speed 1" for 20 seconds or until berries are incorporated. Refrigerate berry-infused buttercream for at least 1 hour.
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla to FourSide or WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and select "Batter."
- Remove lid and add 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, baking powder, and flour to jar. Secure lid, and press "Pulse" 4–6 times to incorporate ingredients; do not overblend. Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat greased waffle iron to medium-high heat. Pour appropriate amount of batter onto greased waffle iron, and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top waffles with berry-infused buttercream, and then serve.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- Add ingredients to FourSide jar and secure lid. Select "Syrups."
- 1/4 apple cored
- 1 slice cantaloupe rind removed
- 2 cups grapes
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 kiwi
- 1/4 orange
- 1 slice pineapple rind removed
- 3 strawberries
- Add ingredients to WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid.
- Select "Whole Juice" or blend on a Medium-High speed for 50-60 seconds.
What are some other ways you make your father or father figure feel special on Father’s Day?