Apple Pie CupcakesNo need to spend time making crust to have a taste of apple pie! Make this delicious cupcake with apple pie filling and top it off with our Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting or Whipped Cream for the perfect apple treat!
Granny Smith apples, peeled, quartered & cored
butter, softened & divided
plain Greek yogurt
eggs, at room temperature
buttermilk, reduced fat
ground cinnamon, divided
sifted all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒ. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- For the pie filling, add half of the apples pieces to the WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 3-5 times until the apples are chopped. Dump chopped apples into a small saucepan. Repeat with remaining apple pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to saucepan and over medium heat, cook apples until softened, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining butter, yogurt, eggs, buttermilk, granulated sugar, and vanilla to WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a Low speed for 10 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients and secure lid.
- Blend on a Low speed for 20-30 seconds until dry ingredients are mixed. Stop blending midway to scrape sides of jar and then continue blending.
- Place 1 tbsp batter in muffin cups. Then place 1 tbsp pie filling over batter and top with another tbsp of batter. If necessary, use a knife to smooth the cake batter over the apple pie filling.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes. Repeat step 8 with remaining batter.
- Servings 22.0
- Sodium 125 mg
- Serving Size 1 cupcake
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Calories 130
- Fiber 1 g
- Fat 5 g
- Sugar 13 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Protein 2 g
- Cholesterol 30 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.