How to Make Tomato Sauce
A pizza or pasta recipe is only as delicious as the tomato sauce it’s based on. To do the job right, rather than buying processed ingredients, you can take control of your food and make your own tomato sauce at home. And while it may seem labor-intensive, tomato sauce is actually a simple dish that all cooks can learn to make.
With the powerful motor and intentionally blunt blade of a Blendtec blender, whipping up tasty tomato sauce from scratch is as easy as pushing a button. And because tomato sauce is so versatile, it’s easy to get creative with your own seasonings and ingredients.
How to Make Tomato Sauce from Scratch
- Step 1: Toss onions and tomatoes with seasonings like garlic, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Step 2: Roast in the oven, then allow the tomato mixture to cool.
- Step 3: Add the mixture to your Blendtec and blend on “Dips/Batters.”
- Step 4: Add the sauce to your favorite pasta or pizza.
Now that you know how to make tomato sauce from scratch, try out this recipe:
OVEN-ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss all ingredients in 9-x-13-inch glass baking dish. Roast for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from oven, and let ingredients cool slightly.
- Transfer ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Select "Dips/Batters" cycle or blend on a Medium to Medium Low speed for 30 seconds.
Complete your pasta dinner with these Breadsticks!