This simple and straightforward dough is perfect for making a small batch of breadsticks. You can also spice these breadsticks up with herbs, spices, or cheese.
Total time: 30 S
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Serving Size: 1 breadstick
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Add first 3 ingredients to Twister jar and place Twister lid on jar. Hold Twister lid with one hand, and with other hand press "Pulse" 2 times, then allow yeast to proof 5-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order listed and place Twister lid on jar. Hold Twister lid and with other hand, press "Pulse" 6-8 times until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms. Turn Twister lid counter-clockwise during blending.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and heat baking stone or pan in oven.
- Allow dough to rise in jar with lid secure until doubled.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces and roll out into breadstick shapes on a well-oiled or floured surface.
- Place rolled-out dough breadsticks on preheated baking stone or pan. Add herbs or cheese to breadsticks, if desired.
- Bake in oven until golden brown, approximately 6-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 3-5 minutes before serving.
Hi, was just wondering if it’s fine to just use the Wildside+ Jar instead of the Twister?
Easy, Tasty! I made these breadsticks to go along with the homemade Whole Wheat Spinach Pasta (blendtec recipe) and the Roasted Tomato Sauce (also a blendtec recipe). The recipe for these breadsticks is pretty easy and straight forward.
I recommend the following tips based on my first time making them.
1) Time is is not indicated. You need to allow for the dough to rise. Give yourself at least an hour. Keep the dough in the jar tightly covered as the recipe states.
2) Gives the option of rolling out the sticks on a clean floured or oiled space. I used olive oil on granite countertop Worked great.
3) Sprinkle Italian season and kosher sea salt on the sticks before you pop the into the oven,
4) Used a pizza stone for great results
5) During latter part of baking, I sprayed a little olive oil on them… that gave them just the right color
5) Serve in a warm fowel YUM!!!
These are easy to make and I think can impress!
Leave a comment