It may not have the most appetizing name, but don’t worry, we aren’t actually recommending that you pour a tiger’s blood into your blender. The flavor known as “Tiger’s Blood” is a delightful combination of watermelon, strawberry, and coconut. It has a bright red color, but its similarities to blood end there. Often described as "exotically fruity," it is one of the most popular syrup flavors for snow cones, and can also be found in ice creams and cocktails.
What is the Whole30 Tiger Blood?
As more and more people hop on the Whole30 diet bandwagon, you may hear the tigers blood term used in an entirely new context. Before you start thinking that you'll get to drink Tiger's Blood slushies as part of your new healthy meal plan, we feel the need to explain the difference between Whole30 Tiger Blood, and the Tiger's Blood flavor.
The idea behind the Whole30 program is to eat "real," unprocessed foods with very few ingredients. A few weeks in, those who are new to clean eating often experience some pretty awesome results such as increased energy, decreased cravings, better moods, and sharper focus. This, they say, is the Tiger Blood stage of the Whole30 program. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with enjoying the sweet, fruit-punchy Tiger's Blood flavor.
Tiger's Blood Drinks
If you're looking for a unique party drink with a fun name, Tiger's Blood will do the trick. Both kids and adults will be intrigued by the mysterious dark red color and alarming name. You could purchase Tiger's Blood syrup and make some Italian sodas, or pour it over ice and mix it with rum.
For the more health conscious ones out there, we created this homemade version of the popular snow cone flavor with real fruit! You can even make your own shaved ice within seconds using your Blendtec blender.
We'd love to hear how you like our Tiger's Blood recipe. Let us know in the comments below!
Total time: 01 M 40 S
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 0g
- Add ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Syrups" (if you don't have the "Syrups" cycle, use "Soup" or "Hot" cycle or blend on a high speed for 90 seconds).
- Add strawberry puree to Medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and place in heat-proof container with lid (we used canning jars).
- Chill in refrigerator until cool or ready to serve.
Note: Syrup can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To make snow cone/shaved ice in Blendtec:
- FourSide jar: 3 cups ice
- WildSide+ jar: 5 cups ice
- Twister jar (with gripper lid): 1 cup ice
- Add ice cubes to jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a medium speed for 7-10 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Notes: For best results, use ice cubes directly from freezer that have not begun to melt. Pour approximately 2 tbsp. syrup over every 1/2 cup ice and serve.