Berries · breakfast · Jams · Spreads · 18 comments ·
Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe
Enjoy the great taste of summer year-round with this quick, no-cook strawberry freezer jam that is delicious on toast or pancakes. When you open a new jar, start thawing the next jar in the refrigerator. This jam goes fast!
Total time: 10 M
- 2 lbs. frozen strawberries hulled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz. liquid pectin
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp.
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 0g
- Add ½ of strawberries and all of sugar to WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and select "Sauces." Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Add other ½ of strawberries and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 4–6 times to crush strawberries.
- Add lemon juice and pectin. Secure lid and pulse 1–2 times.
- Let jam stand for 5 minutes. Pour into clean plastic containers or glass freezer jars.
- Store in refrigerator for 24 hours or until set. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, or freeze up to 1 year.
Try different tender fruits, such as other berries, peaches, cherries, and apricots.
You can buy freezer jam pectin powder that does not require boiling. I use it all the time. I don’t think it would be a 1:1 substitution, but instructions are on the package.
Will this work in a 4 side jar? I don’t have a WildSide jar.
Hi, Nancy! Yes, that should work great. Happy blending!
Leave a comment