Spicy Ketchup Recipe
This condiment is healthy, homemade, and delicious. Use it on burgers, fries, or anywhere else you enjoy eating ketchup.
Total time: 30 S
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. tomatoes roughly chopped
- 16 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
- 3/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 0g
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat; add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender and translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook on medium heat until tomato skin begins to peel off, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add mixture to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Sauces" or blend on a Medium Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Return to pan and add remaining ingredients to pan, stirring well to incorporate.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Note: This ketchup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or up to two months in the freezer.
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE
If you are living an active lifestyle, it can be hard to keep the refrigerator stocked with enough healthy ingredient...VIEW RECIPE