The distinct flavor and aroma of asparagus are the highlight of this brightly colored soup.
Total time: 01 M 40 S
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for 2 hours and then drained
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus spears.
- Cut off tender tips of spears, and marinate in 1 tablespoon lemon juice; set aside.
- Cut remaining asparagus spears in half.
- Add halved asparagus spears and remaining ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar in order listed. Secure lid and select "Soup."
- Pour into bowls, and garnish with marinated asparagus tips.
Try the soup with kelp noodles. Marinate the kelp with the asparagus tips.