Desserts · Frozen · Spring and Summer · 5 comments ·
Popeye's Ice Cream
As seen in your local Costco, this spinach ice cream will surprise your taste buds!
Total time: 40 S
- 3/4 cup half and half (half milk/half cream)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 drop almond extract
- 2 cups spinach lightly packed
- 2 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Add ingredients to jar in order listed and secure lid. Run on a Low speed for 10 seconds then increase to a High speed for 30 seconds or until done.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a bowl or Tupperware and freeze until desired consistency is reached.
Substitute mint extract for the almond extract and add chocolate chips for a mint chocolate chip version.
Yes! You can use powdered milk or dehydrated yogurt. Have a happy day!
Followed the recipe EXACTLY (and after watching the guy at Costco demonstrating it today). I’m totally frustrated. It was so thick, the motor just spun. Added a little more liquid, then it was a smoothie, added more ice and we’re back to spinning motor. This continued eventually sacrificing the flavor and leaving me with two big bowls of green smoothie, no ice cream and used nearly all of a tub of organic spinach that would have made a great salad!
can i use splenda instead of agave nectar? if so, how should i make up for the difference in liquid?
Can you recommend a substitution for the protein powder? I want to make this with my kids but I do not feel comfortable giving the protein powder and this is not something we use in our diets. Thanks.
Leave a comment