Make your own snow cone syrup at home with fresh pineapple. Try our adult variations if you aren't making this for kids!
Total time: 01 M 40 S
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 0g
- Add ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Syrups" (if you don't have the "Syrups" cycle, use "Soup" or "Hot" cycle or blend on a high speed for 90 seconds).
- Add pineapple puree to Medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and place in heat-proof container with lid (we used canning jars). Chill in refrigerator until cool or ready to serve.
*Syrup can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To make snow cone/shaved ice in Blendtec:
- FourSide jar: 3 cups ice
- WildSide+ jar: 5 cups ice
- Twister jar (with gripper lid): 1 cup ice
- Add ice cubes to jar and secure lid. Blend on a medium speed for 7-10 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
*For best results, use ice cubes directly from freezer that have not begun to melt.
Pour approximately 2 tbsp syrup over every 1/2 cup ice and serve.
For a more "Adult" version of this snow cone, try one (or both) of these variations:
- Add 1 tbsp fresh peeled ginger
- Add 1 oz rum to snow cone before pouring on syrup and serving.