Peanut Butter Haystacks Recipe
This tasty recipe has the health benefits of freshly ground wheat flour, oats, and peanut butter.
Total time: 20 M
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granola or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup instant powdered milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 haystack
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 7g
- Add wheat berries to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour; set aside.
- Cook honey to firm ball stage (245°F). Add flour, honey, powdered milk, peanut butter, and granola or oats to mixing bowl. Knead until smooth.
- Drop dough by spoonful into coconut; roll to coat.
- Place on waxed paper and let cool.
Add ½ cup 2-day wheat sprouts to coconut.
Watermelon rind, green grapes & chia seeds contribute to the green layer while watermelon and frozen strawberries...VIEW RECIPE
This whole juice recipe comes from Christiann Koepke (christiannkoepke.com) and is full of fiber, vitamin C, potassiu...VIEW RECIPE