When it comes to delightful and energy-packed snacks, the Peanut Butter Haystacks stand out both in taste and nutritional value. This treat combines the crunchy goodness of granola or rolled oats with the smooth richness of peanut butter, all rounded off with the sweet, fragrant taste of coconut. And with the Blendtec, you're taking things to an even better level by freshly grinding your wheat berries!
Let's dive into the recipe.
Total time: 20 M
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granola or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup instant powdered milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 haystack
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 7g
- Add wheat berries to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour; set aside.
- Cook honey to firm ball stage (245°F). Add flour, honey, powdered milk, peanut butter, and granola or oats to mixing bowl. Knead until smooth.
- Drop dough by spoonful into coconut; roll to coat.
- Place on waxed paper and let cool.
Add ½ cup 2-day wheat sprouts to coconut.