Peach Empanadas Recipe
This recipe pairs a simple but rich pastry dough with the natural sweetness of peaches. Feel free to try other fruits, such as apples and pears.
Total time: 36 M 40 S
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 peaches peeled and quartered
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 5 oz. cream cheese
- 12 tbsp. butter at room temperature
- 1 egg white optional
- Serving Size: 1 empanada
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Sodium: 144mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add butter and cream cheese to WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 6–8 times or until butter and cream cheese are blended and creamy.
- Add salt and 1 cup flour. Secure lid and pulse 6–8 times. Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add ½ cup flour, secure lid, and pulse 6–8 times. Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add remaining flour, secure lid, and pulse 10–12 times or until all flour is incorporated.
- Press dough together to form ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 12 balls, and roll out each into a disk.
- Add peaches, sugar, and cinnamon to clean WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and pulse 3–4 times or until peaches are roughly chopped.
- Add peach mixture to medium saucepan, and bring to boil. Simmer 10–15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add 2 tablespoons peaches to half of each disk of dough. Fold other half of disk over covered half, and pinch edges to seal.
- For a glossy finish, brush tops of empanadas with egg whites. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
Note: Unbaked dough can be wrapped and frozen for later use.
Green beans can be a great first-stage solid food for babies. The tasty green vegetable is packed full of vitamins A ...VIEW RECIPE
This refreshing caramel frappe recipe is a popular dessert and afternoon pick-me-up. It's a sweet treat that can be a...VIEW RECIPE