Peach Empanadas Recipe
This recipe pairs a simple but rich pastry dough with the natural sweetness of peaches. Feel free to try other fruits, such as apples and pears.
Total Time: 36 M 40 S
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 peaches peeled and quartered
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 5 oz. cream cheese
- 12 tbsp. butter at room temperature
- 1 egg white optional
- Serving Size: 1 empanada
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Sodium: 144mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add butter and cream cheese to WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 6–8 times or until butter and cream cheese are blended and creamy.
- Add salt and 1 cup flour. Secure lid and pulse 6–8 times. Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add ½ cup flour, secure lid, and pulse 6–8 times. Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add remaining flour, secure lid, and pulse 10–12 times or until all flour is incorporated.
- Press dough together to form ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 12 balls, and roll out each into a disk.
- Add peaches, sugar, and cinnamon to clean WildSide+ jar. Secure lid and pulse 3–4 times or until peaches are roughly chopped.
- Add peach mixture to medium saucepan, and bring to boil. Simmer 10–15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add 2 tablespoons peaches to half of each disk of dough. Fold other half of disk over covered half, and pinch edges to seal.
- For a glossy finish, brush tops of empanadas with egg whites. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
Note: Unbaked dough can be wrapped and frozen for later use.
Chill out with this delightful frozen adult drink that you can customize with your rum or tequila of choice.VIEW RECIPE
Need a light, cold refresher? Try this sweet watermelon cucumber slushie!VIEW RECIPE