Desserts · Gluten Free · 1 comment ·
Peach Crisp Recipe
In this recipe, you use the blender to transform whole almonds into coarse almond meal. Almond meal provides a tasty, nutritious option for the gluten-conscious cook. Almond meal is richer than wheat flour in bone-building calcium, healthy unsaturated fats, vitamin E, magnesium, and dietary fiber than wheat flour.
Total time: 50 M 25 S
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 8 peaches peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon divided
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 7g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add apple juice, arrrowroot powder, lemon juice, and ginger to 8- or 9-inch square baking dish; stir together.
- Add peaches to baking dish, and toss in juice mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Speed Up" to Speed 1, and run cycle for 25 seconds.
- Sprinkle topping over peaches, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5–10 minutes or until top is golden brown and juices bubble.
Substitute ⅓ of almonds with hazelnuts.
160 grams of fat seems a tad high…
Leave a comment