Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
This slightly sweet, whole-grain bread is hearty and satisfying.
Total time: 30 S
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/4 cup honey divided
- 2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Add flour, salt, and vital wheat gluten to WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times to mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Add water, yeast and 1 tbsp honey to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2 times. Allow the yeast to proof 5–10 minutes.
- Add remaining honey, oil, and lemon juice to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2 times.
- Add ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2–3 times. Add next ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 4-6 times. Add the last ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 6–8 times until all flour is incorporated and a dough ball forms.
- Allow dough to rest in jar for 10–15 minutes. Dump dough ball onto oiled surface and shape loaf.
- Place shaped loaf, seam side down, into 9"x 5" greased loaf pan. Cover loaf pan and allow dough to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place or until dough has topped the pans by approximately one inch.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes, then increase temperature to 400 degrees and bake until top is golden brown.
- Remove bread from pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
When I let the shapes bread rise, it didn’t rise to top the pan. Any idea why it stopped rising? I waited for 40 minutes.
Vital Wheat gluten ? I am in the UK
What jar did you use?
When I tried to mix the dough my blender says "over temperature"
It shouldn’t be over temperature, we’re just pulsing in this recipe, not blending. Did you use a blend cycle? Feel free to call our customer service team at 1-800-748-5400, they are trained to troubleshoot and diagnose over the phone.
Leave a comment