Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
This slightly sweet, whole-grain bread is hearty and satisfying.
Total time: 30 S
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/4 cup honey divided
- 2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Add flour, salt, and vital wheat gluten to WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times to mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Pour dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Add water, yeast and 1 tbsp honey to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2 times. Allow the yeast to proof 5–10 minutes.
- Add remaining honey, oil, and lemon juice to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2 times.
- Add ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 2–3 times. Add next ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 4-6 times. Add the last ⅓ of dry ingredients to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 6–8 times until all flour is incorporated and a dough ball forms.
- Allow dough to rest in jar for 10–15 minutes. Dump dough ball onto oiled surface and shape loaf.
- Place shaped loaf, seam side down, into 9"x 5" greased loaf pan. Cover loaf pan and allow dough to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place or until dough has topped the pans by approximately one inch.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes, then increase temperature to 400 degrees and bake until top is golden brown.
- Remove bread from pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Looking for a tasty, guilt-free dessert you and your entire family can enjoy? Our spinach ice cream recipe will do th...VIEW RECIPE
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE