Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day right this year! These pancakes have all the goodness of traditional whole wheat pancakes, with a bright green color and the health benefits of greens!
Total time: 01 M 30 S
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 cups spinach packed
- 2 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 920mg
- Sodium: 142mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 7g
- Add milk, wheat berries, spinach, and flax seeds to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a high speed for 50 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to jar and secure lid. Select "Batters" or blend on a Medium-Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Allow batter to rest 5 minutes.
- Heat griddle or other pan over medium to medium high heat and grease. Pour approximately ¼ cup batter onto heated pan and cook approximately 1 minute or until bubbles break the surface of the pancake and the underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven at 200°F loosely wrapped in foil.
Substitute 1⅓ cup of flour in place of the wheat berries.
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE
If you are living an active lifestyle, it can be hard to keep the refrigerator stocked with enough healthy ingredient...VIEW RECIPE