Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day right this year! These pancakes have all the goodness of traditional whole wheat pancakes, with a bright green color and the health benefits of greens!
Total time: 01 M 30 S
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 cups spinach packed
- 2 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 920mg
- Sodium: 142mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 7g
- Add milk, wheat berries, spinach, and flax seeds to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Blend on a high speed for 50 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients to jar and secure lid. Select "Batters" or blend on a Medium-Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Allow batter to rest 5 minutes.
- Heat griddle or other pan over medium to medium high heat and grease. Pour approximately ¼ cup batter onto heated pan and cook approximately 1 minute or until bubbles break the surface of the pancake and the underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven at 200°F loosely wrapped in foil.
Substitute 1⅓ cup of flour in place of the wheat berries.
If you're trying to live a healthy lifestyle and drink green smoothies, it's always best to make your own at home. Sm...VIEW RECIPE
Green beans can be a great first-stage solid food for babies. The tasty green vegetable is packed full of vitamins A ...VIEW RECIPE