Granny's Corn Tortillas Recipe
Want to replicate the corn tortillas at your favorite Mexican restaurant? Then this is the recipe for you!
Total time: 20 M
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups popcorn kernels
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Add wheat berries and popcorn kernels to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select Speed 9 and allow to run through two full cycles.
- Add baking powder and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times to sift dry ingredients.
- Add water, secure lid, and pulse 5–8 times to form crumbly dough.
- Work dough with your hands until it holds together.
- On floured surface, knead dough until smooth. Divide dough into 20 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Cover lightly with plastic wrap, and let rest for 10–15 minutes.
- Flatten each piece of dough by hand, and then roll into 8-inch or 9-inch round.
- Grease large skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet, and cook until light brown, turning to ensure equal browning. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
When using the Kitchen Mill: Add wheat berries and popcorn kernels to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour. Follow the rest of the instructions as stated.
This whole juice recipe comes from Christiann Koepke (christiannkoepke.com) and is full of fiber, vitamin C, potassiu...VIEW RECIPE
Sip this sweet beverage, which combines coconut milk with a refreshing touch of tart lime flavor.VIEW RECIPE