Granny's Corn Tortillas Recipe
Want to replicate the corn tortillas at your favorite Mexican restaurant? Then this is the recipe for you!
Total Time: 20 M
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups popcorn kernels
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Add wheat berries and popcorn kernels to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select Speed 9 and allow to run through two full cycles.
- Add baking powder and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times to sift dry ingredients.
- Add water, secure lid, and pulse 5–8 times to form crumbly dough.
- Work dough with your hands until it holds together.
- On floured surface, knead dough until smooth. Divide dough into 20 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Cover lightly with plastic wrap, and let rest for 10–15 minutes.
- Flatten each piece of dough by hand, and then roll into 8-inch or 9-inch round.
- Grease large skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet, and cook until light brown, turning to ensure equal browning. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
When using the Kitchen Mill: Add wheat berries and popcorn kernels to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour. Follow the rest of the instructions as stated.
Need a light, cold refresher? Try this sweet watermelon cucumber slushie!VIEW RECIPE
Watermelon rind, green grapes & chia seeds contribute to the green layer while watermelon and frozen strawberries...VIEW RECIPE