Desserts · Snacks · 3 comments ·
Graham Cookies Recipe
If you like graham crackers, you'll love these homemade cookies. Graham flour includes all three components of wheat (bran, germ, and endosperm), so, you reap all the health benefits of whole grain wheat.
Total time: 02 M
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups graham flour
- Serving Size: 1 cracker
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 38mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add sugar, shortening, egg yolk, milk, salt, and vanilla to Mix n Blend II blender jar and secure lid. Select "Batter."
- Add ½ of flour to jar, secure lid, and press "Pulse" 2–3 times.
- Add remaining flour, secure lid, and pulse 6–8 times or until flour is incorporated.
- Dump dough on floured surface, and sprinkle top of dough with flour.
- Use rolling pin to roll out dough to ¼-inch thick, and cut out dough with cookie cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until done.
I would say organic shortening would be my guess… I haven’t googled it, But you can Google too😉
what kind of shortening can be used to make these healthy?
Kerry Gold butter or any other butter made from grass fed cows is heart healthy.
Leave a comment