Originally from the Middle East, this deeply flavorful vegetarian fried dish is usually wrapped in a pita, but also tastes great on salads or dipped in hot sauce or tahini.
Total time: 10 S
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2(15 oz.) cans chickpeas drained
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Serving Size: 3 balls
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 685mg
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- Add parsley, cilantro, carrots, chickpeas, onion, and garlic to the WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 6 times.
- Using a large spoon or rubber scraper, scrape the walls of the jar and slightly mix the ingredients.
- Replace the lid and press "Pulse" 6 more times. Repeat if necessary.
- Empty the contents of the jar into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl. Using clean hands or a large spoon, mix all ingredients until incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to marinate.
- Heat frying oil in a large saucepan until 350°F.
- Make tablespoon-sized balls and cook in oil until golden brown. Place on tray covered with paper towel to drain liquid.
- Serve in a pita with fresh lettuce, sprouts, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and red pepper.
By Lindsey of Little Pine Low Carb Looking for the most decadently delicious, keto friendly smoothie that tastes mo...VIEW RECIPE
If you're trying to live a healthy lifestyle and drink green smoothies, it's always best to make your own at home. Sm...VIEW RECIPE