Originally from the Middle East, this deeply flavorful vegetarian fried dish is usually wrapped in a pita, but also tastes great on salads or dipped in hot sauce or tahini.
Total time: 10 S
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 2(15 oz.) cans chickpeas drained
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Serving Size: 3 balls
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 685mg
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- Add parsley, cilantro, carrots, chickpeas, onion, and garlic to the WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 6 times.
- Using a large spoon or rubber scraper, scrape the walls of the jar and slightly mix the ingredients.
- Replace the lid and press "Pulse" 6 more times. Repeat if necessary.
- Empty the contents of the jar into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl. Using clean hands or a large spoon, mix all ingredients until incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to marinate.
- Heat frying oil in a large saucepan until 350°F.
- Make tablespoon-sized balls and cook in oil until golden brown. Place on tray covered with paper towel to drain liquid.
- Serve in a pita with fresh lettuce, sprouts, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and red pepper.