Homemade Empanada Dough
Fill this flaky pastry dough with fruit preserves for a sweet treat or with a combination of meats, cheeses or veggies for a savory dish.
Total Time: 01 M
- Serving Size: 1
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 3g
- Add butter and cream cheese to WildSide+ or FourSide jar and secure lid.
- "Pulse" 6-8 times or until butter and cream cheese are blended and creamy.
- Add salt and 1 cup of flour and secure lid.
- "Pulse" 6–8 times.
- Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add ½ cup flour, secure lid, and "Pulse" 6–8 times. Use spatula to scrape sides of jar.
- Add remaining flour, secure lid, and "Pulse" 10–12 times or until all flour is incorporated.
- Press dough together to form ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Divide dough into 12 balls, and roll out each into a disk.
- Add filling of choice to half of each disk of dough. Fold other half of disk over covered half, and pinch edges to seal. For a glossy finish, brush tops of empanadas with egg whites.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.
*Note: Unbaked dough can be wrapped and frozen for later use.