These bars are packed with flavor and heart-healthy oats, fruit, and almonds.
Total time: 1 H 02 M
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 24 oz. cherry preserves
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups water
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 102mg
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 22g
- Protein: 2g
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add dried cherries, and let stand for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain fruit and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda to Mix n Blend II blender jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3–5 times or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press all but 1 cup crumb mixture into bottom of ungreased 15-x-10-x-1-inch baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes, and then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, add almonds to remaining 1 cup crumb mixture in WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Pulse 2–3 times.
- Add drained cherries, cherry preserves, and lemon peel to bowl and stir together.
- Spread filling evenly over baked crust, and sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.