Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup Recipe
This updated version of traditional tomato soup gets its creamy texture from cooked beans, rather than high-fat, high-calorie dairy products.
Total time: 25 M
- 2 cups sprouted soy or white beans
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 1 large onion quartered
- 1/8 tsp. dried basil
- 1 qt. warm water divided
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cook beans and onion in 1 quart boiling water for 15–20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add beans, onion, and 1 cup of cooking water to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Select "Soup" or "Hot" or "90" cycle or blend on a High speed for 90 seconds.
- Add remaining cooking water, bouillon, tomato sauce, and basil to jar and secure lid.
- Press "Pulse" 2–4 times to incorporate ingredients.
Contrary to popular belief, guacamole isn't the only way to eat avocados. Avocado soup makes a delicious, healthy app...VIEW RECIPE
This is a low-sodium, fresh tomato and vegetable juice you can enjoy every day — morning, noon, and night. We know th...VIEW RECIPE