This delicious, dairy-free spread hits the spot for any chocolate lover. Serve with fresh fruit, use as a crepe filling, spread onto your favorite bread, or enjoy it by the spoonful.
Total time: 04 M 10 S
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 2g
- Add coconut oil and hazelnuts to FourSide or WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Blend on a low speed for 15 seconds and then increase to a high speed for 35 seconds (until blended time reads 50 seconds).
- Stir mixture towards center of jar, then secure lid.
- Blend on a medium speed for 50 seconds. Stir, secure lid, and repeat this cycle two more times.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar to jar and secure lid. Blend on a medium speed for 50 seconds.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-6 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
To toast hazelnuts:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread hazelnuts on shallow baking sheet and toast in oven until skins darken, approximately 8-10 minutes. To ensure even toasting, stir the hazelnuts after 4-5 minutes in oven, then finish toasting.
- Wrap the cooled hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel and rub towel back and forth to remove most of the hazelnut skins.
Note: If making in Twister jar, decrease ingredients by half.