Zucchini never tasted so good! This moist cake is sweet (but not too sweet) and is great for any chocolate lover. Don’t skimp on the crumb topping – it makes this cake!
Total time: 45 S
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 small zucchini trimmed and quartered
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 4g
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Add butter, yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and zucchini to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Select "Batters" cycle.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder to jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 8-10 times until ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased 9x13 non-stick pan.
- For crumb topping, add brown sugar and walnuts to clean WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-5 times until nuts are chopped to desired texture.
- Add brown sugar nut mix to chocolate chips and sprinkle evenly on top of cake.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until done. Allow to cool for at least one hour before cutting.
Note: If you don't have a "Batters" cycle, blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed (speed 4) for 30 seconds.
You can make this in the FourSide jar but it may take a little more blending. Dicing the zucchini into smaller pieces will help.