Cauliflower and cheddar team up in this healthy, hearty, creamy soup.
Total time: 02 M 30 S
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 cups low-fat milk (or your choice of milk)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 8g
- Sautée onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Add liquid ingredients, cauliflower, salt, pepper, and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove 4 cups of the vegetables and set aside.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer the remainder of the soup and cheese to jar and secure lid. Select "Sauces" or blend on a Medium to Medium Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Combine vegetables with creamed soup and garnish with parsley, shredded cheddar cheese or bacon.