Apple Spice Muffins Recipe
Enjoy these fresh muffins, which are made with warming spices and cooked apple bits.
Total Time: 45 S
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour divided
- 2 medium apples quartered, cored, and divided
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 4g
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add buttermilk, half an apple, sucanat, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Select "Batters" or blend on a Medium-Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining apple and press "Pulse" 4-5 times to chop apple.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and flour and secure lid.
- Press "Pulse" 6–8 times or until dry ingredients are barely incorporated; do not overblend. Allow batter to sit 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin.
- Bake 16–18 minutes or until done.
For an extra-special treat, sprinkle your favorite streusel on top of the muffins before baking.
Get the flavor of an Orange Creamsicle in a light, refreshing green smoothie. This creamy treat is so tasty, everyone...VIEW RECIPE
This recipe comes from Laura of NaturallyHealthyDesserts.com. Cashews are the base for this delightful dairy-free bev...VIEW RECIPE