Apple Spice Muffins Recipe
Enjoy these fresh muffins, which are made with warming spices and cooked apple bits.
Total time: 45 S
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour divided
- 2 medium apples quartered, cored, and divided
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 4g
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add buttermilk, half an apple, sucanat, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid.
- Select "Batters" or blend on a Medium-Low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining apple and press "Pulse" 4-5 times to chop apple.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and flour and secure lid.
- Press "Pulse" 6–8 times or until dry ingredients are barely incorporated; do not overblend. Allow batter to sit 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin.
- Bake 16–18 minutes or until done.
For an extra-special treat, sprinkle your favorite streusel on top of the muffins before baking.
Chill out with this delightful frozen adult drink that you can customize with your rum or tequila of choice.VIEW RECIPE
Need a light, cold refresher? Try this sweet watermelon cucumber slushie!VIEW RECIPE