Apple Pie Cupcakes
No need to spend time making crust to have a taste of apple pie! Make this delicious cupcake with apple pie filling and top it off with our Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting or Whipped Cream for the perfect apple treat!
Total Time: 45 S
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, quartered & cored
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened & divided
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup buttermilk reduced fat
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon divided
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Serving Size: 1
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 2g
- Preheat oven to 350ᵒ F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- For the pie filling, add half of the apples pieces to the WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press “Pulse” 3-5 times until the apples are chopped.
- Dump chopped apples into a small saucepan. Repeat with remaining apple pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to saucepan and over medium heat, cook apples until softened, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining butter, yogurt, eggs, buttermilk, granulated sugar, and vanilla to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Blend on a Low speed for 10 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients and secure lid. Blend on a Low speed for 20-30 seconds until dry ingredients are mixed. Stop blending midway to scrape sides of jar and then continue blending.
- Place 1 tbsp. batter in muffin cups. Then, place 1 tbsp. pie filling over batter and top with another tbsp of batter. If necessary, use a knife to smooth the cake batter over the apple pie filling.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes. Repeat step 8 with remaining batter.