Almond- and Jam-Topped Pastry Recipe
This rich pastry is a sweet addition to brunch or your Christmas cookie plates.
Total Time: 21 M 40 S
- 12 slices brioche or challah bread 1" thick
- 1/2 cup jam or preserves any flavor
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Serving Size: 1
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 112mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 6g
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Place bread slices on cookie sheet, and spread jam thinly on bread slices.
- Add almonds and ½ of sugar to Twister jar, adn place lid on jar.
- Select "Speed 3", and turn lid counterclockwise during blending. At 30 seconds, press "Pulse" or "X" to stop cycle.
- Add remaining sugar, butter, egg, and milk to Twister jar.
- Place lid on jar, select "Speed 2", and turn lid counterclockwise during blending. At 30 seconds, press "Pulse" or "X" to stop cycle.
- Pour mixture into pastry bag, and pipe mixture on jam-topped bread.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until almond spread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of cooled bread slices and serve.
Need a light, cold refresher? Try this sweet watermelon cucumber slushie!VIEW RECIPE
Watermelon rind, green grapes & chia seeds contribute to the green layer while watermelon and frozen strawberries...VIEW RECIPE