Almond- and Jam-Topped Pastry Recipe
This rich pastry is a sweet addition to brunch or your Christmas cookie plates.
Total Time: 21 M 40 S
- 12 slices brioche or challah bread 1" thick
- 1/2 cup jam or preserves any flavor
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 112mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 6g
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Place bread slices on cookie sheet, and spread jam thinly on bread slices.
- Add almonds and ½ of sugar to Twister jar, adn place lid on jar.
- Select "Speed 3", and turn lid counterclockwise during blending. At 30 seconds, press "Pulse" or "X" to stop cycle.
- Add remaining sugar, butter, egg, and milk to Twister jar.
- Place lid on jar, select "Speed 2", and turn lid counterclockwise during blending. At 30 seconds, press "Pulse" or "X" to stop cycle.
- Pour mixture into pastry bag, and pipe mixture on jam-topped bread.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until almond spread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of cooled bread slices and serve.
This whole juice recipe comes from Christiann Koepke (christiannkoepke.com) and is full of fiber, vitamin C, potassiu...VIEW RECIPE
Sip this sweet beverage, which combines coconut milk with a refreshing touch of tart lime flavor.VIEW RECIPE