September 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day! Why not celebrate by making your own cheese pizza? Pizza dough is a snap to make in our WildSide+ and Twister jars. The recipe for the WildSide+ jar is below, and the Twister jar recipe is on the Blendtec recipes page. To make things even simpler, check out this video to see how to make the dough.
WildSide+ Pizza Dough:
¾ c warm water
1 tbsp dry active yeast
1 tbsp honey
1 c all-purpose flour*
1 c white whole wheat flour*
1 tbsp canola oil
½ tsp kosher salt
Favorite pizza toppings
- Add water, yeast, and honey to jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 1-2 times. Allow yeast to proof 5-10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flour.
- Add oil, salt, and 1/3 of flour to jar. Secure lid and pulse 2 times.
- Add next 1/3 of flour to jar, secure lid, and pulse 3-5 times. Add remaining flour, secure lid, and pulse 8- 10 times or until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Allow dough to rise in jar, with lid secure, until doubled. Place baking stone or pan in oven, and heat to 450°F.
- Roll out dough on well-oiled or well-floured surface. Dust paddle, thin cutting board, or cookie sheet with cornmeal, and place rolled-out dough on cornmeal-covered surface.
- Cover dough with sauce and favorite toppings. Slide pizza from cornmeal-covered surface by wiggling pizza gently onto heated baking stone.
- Bake in oven until golden brown, approximately 8–12 minutes.
- When pizza is done, remove from oven and allow to cool 3–5 minutes before slicing.