Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon WafflesWhole wheat flour, vanilla almond milk and apple chunks are used in this recipe to make it a healthier breakfast option with a twist!
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and apple pie spice to a WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Blend on a Low speed until ingredients are mixed together.
- Add eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, honey and quartered apple and secure lid. Blend on a Low speed until dry ingredients are incorporated and apple is chopped into small pieces, approximately 20–30 seconds.
- Place 1/3 cup of batter on a heated waffle iron sprayed with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with apple slices, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and/or powdered sugar.
- Servings 12.0
- Sodium 220 mg
- Serving Size 1/3 cup batter
- Carbohydrates 24 g
- Calories 200
- Fiber 3 g
- Fat 11 g
- Sugar 9 g
- Saturated Fat 8 g
- Protein 4 g
- Cholesterol 45 mg
You can use another flour (like all-purpose flour) instead of whole wheat flour, if desired.
To make in Fourside jar, follow the same instructions, however, to incorporate all the dry ingredients, you may need to stop blending and use a spoon or rubber scraper to finish mixing the dry ingredients. That way the batter at the bottom of the jar doesn't get over-mixed and the batter at the top of the jar doesn't get under-mixed.
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.