Smoky Chipotle SalsaThis medium spicy salsa is great served with tortilla chips or spooned over grilled fish with lime.
plum tomatoes, halved
tomatillos, husked, washed & halved
cloves garlic, peeled
canned chipotle in adobo (one pepper from the can)
fresh cilantro leaves
- Set a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Lay tomatoes and tomatillos cut side down and add garlic to pan.
- When tomatoes, tomatillos and garlic are toasty and brown, flip everything over and brown the other side.
- Once both sides are toasty and brown, remove from heat and cover with lid and set aside to ensure the tomatoes and tomatillos are completely soft.
- Prepare remaining ingredients and add to FourSide or WildSide+ jar.
- Add the pan-roasted tomatoes, tomatillos, garlic and pan juices to jar and secure lid.
- Press "Pulse" 8-10 times until desired consistency is reached.
- Servings 7.0
- Sodium 180 mg
- Serving Size ¼ cup
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Calories 15
- Fiber 1 g
- Fat 0 g
- Sugar 2 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Protein 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Signup for our email list and receive recipes, tips & an occasional marketing message.