Whole Wheat Naan Bread Recipe
This recipe provides a simple way to make leavened Indian flatbread using nearly 100% whole wheat flour. This bread is delicious served with your favorite curry dish or hummus.
Total time: 15 S
- 1/3 cup milk warmed
- 2 1/4 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups whole white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Serving Size: pieces
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 398mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Add milk, yeast, and sugar to jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2 times. Allow yeast to proof for 5–10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flours. Add 1/3 of flour mixture, yogurt, oil, salt, and baking powder to jar. Secure lid and "Pulse" 2–3 times.
- Add next 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 3–5 times.
- Add last 1/3 of flour mixture, secure lid, and "Pulse" 6–8 times or until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Let dough rise in jar until doubled.
- Heat griddle.
- Remove dough from jar, and divide into 8 lemon-sized balls. Roll each dough ball, and flatten into 1/4" thick ovals.
- Sprinkle one side of dough with water, and gently place that side on heated griddle.
- Cook for a few minutes, until dough starts to puff and brown on underside. Flip and cook on other side until golden brown.
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE
By Lindsey of Little Pine Low Carb Looking for the most decadently delicious, keto friendly smoothie that tastes mor...VIEW RECIPE