Whole Wheat Hot Cakes Recipe
Start the day right with these hot cakes made with freshly milled wheat berries.
Total time: 20 M
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3/4 cup wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 hot cake
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Add wheat berries to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to FourSide jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2–3 to sift ingredients.
- Add milk, oil, and egg to jar. Secure lid and select "Batter."
- Pour ¼ of batter on heated and greased cast iron skillet.
- Cook approximately 1 minute or until bubbles break surface of pancake and underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in oven at 200°F loosely wrapped in foil.
This is a low-sodium, fresh tomato and vegetable juice you can enjoy every day — morning, noon, and night. We know th...VIEW RECIPE
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE