Whole Wheat Hot Cakes Recipe
Start the day right with these hot cakes made with freshly milled wheat berries.
Total time: 20 M
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3/4 cup wheat berries
- Serving Size: 1 hot cake
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Add wheat berries to Kitchen Mill, and grind into flour.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to FourSide jar. Secure lid and press "Pulse" 2–3 to sift ingredients.
- Add milk, oil, and egg to jar. Secure lid and select "Batter."
- Pour ¼ of batter on heated and greased cast iron skillet.
- Cook approximately 1 minute or until bubbles break surface of pancake and underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in oven at 200°F loosely wrapped in foil.
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE
By Lindsey of Little Pine Low Carb Looking for the most decadently delicious, keto friendly smoothie that tastes mo...VIEW RECIPE