Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls Recipe
Total time: 20 S
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 2.66 cups whole white wheat flour divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Add water, yeast, and honey to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Pulse 2 times. Allow the yeast to proof 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt, lemon juice, oil, and wheat gluten to jar and secure lid. Pulse 2 times.
- Add ⅓ of flour to jar and secure lid. Pulse once.
- Add another ⅓ of flour and secure lid. Pulse 3-5 times.
- Add last ⅓ of flour and secure lid. Pulse 8-10 times until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Allow dough to rest in jar for 10-15 minutes.
- Dump dough ball onto oiled surface and shape into dinner rolls. Place rolls into greased muffin pan and allow dough to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place or until dough has topped the pan by approximately one inch.
- Bake for approximately 12-20 minutes until done. Allow to cool before eating.
Note: If you have wheat berries on hand and want to make your own flour, blend 2 cups wheat berries on a high speed for full cycle. Set aside the freshly ground flour until proofing of yeast.