Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls Recipe
The secret to whole wheat bread is keeping the dough soft, just stiff enough to handle. The WildSide+ jar forms a nice soft dough ball ready to rise and bake.
Total time: 20 S
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 2.66 cups whole white wheat flour divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Add water, yeast, and honey to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Pulse 2 times. Allow the yeast to proof 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt, lemon juice, oil, and wheat gluten to jar and secure lid. Pulse 2 times.
- Add ⅓ of flour to jar and secure lid. Pulse once.
- Add another ⅓ of flour and secure lid. Pulse 3-5 times.
- Add last ⅓ of flour and secure lid. Pulse 8-10 times until all flour is incorporated and dough ball forms.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Allow dough to rest in jar for 10-15 minutes.
- Dump dough ball onto oiled surface and shape into dinner rolls. Place rolls into greased muffin pan and allow dough to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place or until dough has topped the pan by approximately one inch.
- Bake for approximately 12-20 minutes until done. Allow to cool before eating.
Note: If you have wheat berries on hand and want to make your own flour, blend 2 cups wheat berries on a high speed for full cycle. Set aside the freshly ground flour until proofing of yeast.
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE
Recipe by Margaret of PaleoGirl99 This traditionally Japanese condiment is delicious sprinkled on vegetables, rice or...VIEW RECIPE