Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
These light, tender biscuits have a touch of homemade whole grain goodness and are quick to whip up in a Blendtec blender. Try serving with freezer jam or honey or use as the topping to vegetable pot pie.
Total time: 16 M 40 S
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. butter cut in sixths
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add the all-purpose flour, whole white wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-4 times to sift dry ingredients.
- Remove clear vented gripper lid insert, add butter, replace insert and press "Pulse" 8-10 times until resembles a coarse meal.
- Add ½ cup buttermilk through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times.
- Add other ½ cup buttermilk through vent opening and press "Pulse" 8-12 times until dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use Spoonula or spatula to scrape sides of WildSide+ jar, then dump biscuit dough onto floured surface. With floured hands, pat down dough to approximately 1-inch thick.
- Use floured biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut into rounds. Put dough scraps together and cut out remaining biscuits.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE
If you are living an active lifestyle, it can be hard to keep the refrigerator stocked with enough healthy ingredient...VIEW RECIPE