Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
These light, tender biscuits have a touch of homemade whole grain goodness and are quick to whip up in a Blendtec blender. Try serving with freezer jam or honey or use as the topping to vegetable pot pie.
Total time: 16 M 40 S
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. butter cut in sixths
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add the all-purpose flour, whole white wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to WildSide+ jar and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 3-4 times to sift dry ingredients.
- Remove clear vented gripper lid insert, add butter, replace insert and press "Pulse" 8-10 times until resembles a coarse meal.
- Add ½ cup buttermilk through vent opening and press "Pulse" 6-8 times.
- Add other ½ cup buttermilk through vent opening and press "Pulse" 8-12 times until dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Use Spoonula or spatula to scrape sides of WildSide+ jar, then dump biscuit dough onto floured surface. With floured hands, pat down dough to approximately 1-inch thick.
- Use floured biscuit cutter or cookie cutter to cut into rounds. Put dough scraps together and cut out remaining biscuits.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
Green beans can be a great first-stage solid food for babies. The tasty green vegetable is packed full of vitamins A ...VIEW RECIPE
This refreshing caramel frappe recipe is a popular dessert and afternoon pick-me-up. It's a sweet treat that can be a...VIEW RECIPE