Turkey Sausage Stuffing Recipe
This is so much better than the out-of-the-box stuff! The pine nuts, Italian turkey sausage and fennel give this stuffing unique flavor and texture.
Total time: 20 S
- 1 small yellow onion quartered
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 11 lb. loaf day-old Italian bread cut into 3/4-inch cubes (or use cubed stuffing bread)
- 16 oz. cooked Italian Turkey sausage casings removed
- 1 large fennel bulb trimmed & quartered
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use non-stick spray to coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish, set aside.
- Add fennel, onion, and garlic to WildSide+ jar and cover with water.
- Secure lid and press "Pulse" 5-7 times to chop the vegetables. Drain water and set aside.
- Place the bread and pine nuts in baking dish and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook sausage until browned, breaking it up into smaller pieces.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked sausage and place sausage atop bread and pine nuts.
- Add butter to sausage fat and melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped vegetables, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-highand and continue to stir for 2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp of chicken broth, if needed.
- Pour cooked vegetables over sausage and bread.
- Add the broth, eggs, and parmesan cheese to WildSide+ jar and "Pulse" until combined.
- Pour over bread & sausage mix and stir until evenly moistened.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for a tasty, guilt-free dessert you and your entire family can enjoy? Our spinach ice cream recipe will do th...VIEW RECIPE
With simple but delicious ingredients, vanilla protein shakes are one of the best ways to kickstart your day. Even th...VIEW RECIPE