Turkey Sausage Stuffing Recipe
This is so much better than the out-of-the-box stuff! The pine nuts, Italian turkey sausage and fennel give this stuffing unique flavor and texture.
Total time: 20 S
- 1 small yellow onion quartered
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 11 lb. loaf day-old Italian bread cut into 3/4-inch cubes (or use cubed stuffing bread)
- 16 oz. cooked Italian Turkey sausage casings removed
- 1 large fennel bulb trimmed & quartered
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use non-stick spray to coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish, set aside.
- Add fennel, onion, and garlic to WildSide+ jar and cover with water.
- Secure lid and press "Pulse" 5-7 times to chop the vegetables. Drain water and set aside.
- Place the bread and pine nuts in baking dish and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook sausage until browned, breaking it up into smaller pieces.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked sausage and place sausage atop bread and pine nuts.
- Add butter to sausage fat and melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped vegetables, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-highand and continue to stir for 2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp of chicken broth, if needed.
- Pour cooked vegetables over sausage and bread.
- Add the broth, eggs, and parmesan cheese to WildSide+ jar and "Pulse" until combined.
- Pour over bread & sausage mix and stir until evenly moistened.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
By Lindsey of Little Pine Low Carb Looking for the most decadently delicious, keto friendly smoothie that tastes mor...VIEW RECIPE
If you're trying to live a healthy lifestyle and drink green smoothies, it's always best to make your own at home. Sm...VIEW RECIPE