Dinner · Meal Ideas · Soups · Warm Soups · 12 comments ·
Tomato-Basil Soup Recipe
Accompany this simple, satisfying soup with crusty whole grain bread for a light meal.
Total time: 30 M
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup half-and-half warmed
- 4 cups tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato juice
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Heat butter in large saucepan, stirring continuously until butter begins to brown.
- Stir in broth and 2 cups tomato juice.
- To WildSide+ jar, add remaining tomato juice, diced tomatoes, and basil leaves. Secure lid and select "Whole Juice."
- Pour tomato-basil blend into saucepan, and simmer for 15–20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add half-and-half to sauce pan and stir.
Garnish with basil and cracked pepper.
love tomato soup quick and easy
Try these few quick easy improvements to make this recipe go from good to great:
-Add some red pepper flakes, a dash of brown sugar, and 2-3 cloves fresh minced garlic to the browning butter to add some great depth in flavor. The heat will help the garlic flavor bloom.
-I feel the recipe should use some cream, more so than half-and-half. Makes it even more creamy.
Hi everyone. Can I use a regular jar instead of the wild side jar? If not let me know when it’s on sale.
Not a lot of flavor but a really good base to build something amazing on! I made one batch as is then mixed it with my second batch which had half the water, some garlic, red pepper flakes, and extra seasoning. When the two batches were mixed it was an awesome soup!
I don’t think the jar makes a difference.
Leave a comment