Tomato-Basil Soup Recipe
Accompany this simple, satisfying soup with crusty whole grain bread for a light meal.
Total time: 30 M
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup half-and-half warmed
- 4 cups tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato juice
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Heat butter in large saucepan, stirring continuously until butter begins to brown.
- Stir in broth and 2 cups tomato juice.
- To WildSide+ jar, add remaining tomato juice, diced tomatoes, and basil leaves. Secure lid and select "Whole Juice."
- Pour tomato-basil blend into saucepan, and simmer for 15–20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add half-and-half to sauce pan and stir.
Garnish with basil and cracked pepper.
Watermelon rind, green grapes & chia seeds contribute to the green layer while watermelon and frozen strawberries...VIEW RECIPE
This whole juice recipe comes from Christiann Koepke (christiannkoepke.com) and is full of fiber, vitamin C, potassiu...VIEW RECIPE