Tomato-Basil Soup Recipe
Accompany this simple, satisfying soup with crusty whole grain bread for a light meal.
Total time: 30 M
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup half-and-half warmed
- 4 cups tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato juice
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Heat butter in large saucepan, stirring continuously until butter begins to brown.
- Stir in broth and 2 cups tomato juice.
- To WildSide+ jar, add remaining tomato juice, diced tomatoes, and basil leaves. Secure lid and select "Whole Juice."
- Pour tomato-basil blend into saucepan, and simmer for 15–20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add half-and-half to sauce pan and stir.
Garnish with basil and cracked pepper.
This is a low-sodium, fresh tomato and vegetable juice you can enjoy every day — morning, noon, and night. We know th...VIEW RECIPE
Who says you can't have chocolate for breakfast? A good chocolate peanut butter smoothie is packed with the protein a...VIEW RECIPE